There are accidents and incidents that can happen at any point in life. Therefore, it is always great to be prepared for any eventuality. One of such incidents is bee sting or wasp sting. When a wasp or a bee stings you, it leads to an allergic reaction. In most cases, it leads to swelling, itching and redness at the affected area. When a bee or wasp stings you, it leaves a venomous toxin that leads to the allergic reaction. In the worst case scenario, the allergic reactions can turn fatal. Therefore, it is important to know the immediate course of action when this event occurs. (Also read: How to charge your phone without using electricity)
Understand the difference between an allergic and non-allergic reaction
It is important to understand the difference between an allergic reaction and non-allergic reaction. An allergic reaction can turn fatal. Therefore, you must seek medical help immediately. Signs of allergic reaction include:
- Trouble in breathing
- Swollen tongue
In that case, seek medical help at once. (Also read: How ice can help you to boil the water)
In case of non -allergic reaction
Eliminate the stinger
Scrape the area with an object with an edge like a debit card. However, don’t pinch the stinger. It injects more venom.
You must control the swelling in the area. So, use an ice to control the swelling. Remove any tight fitting jewellery. Try to elevate the affected area.
Honey can be a wonderful help when it comes to treating pain. Simply apply the honey to the area. Leave it for an hour, it will help to control the pain.
The paste of baking and water help to neutralize bee sting. It reduces the pain and swelling. Cover the area with the paste and then apply a bandage. Leave the paste on for 15 minutes. It is a simple and easy to apply. (Also read: Survival Hack: How to start a fire using water)