A snake bite is a common problem to the people living in mountain or hilly area. Besides this, even the people who travel a lot should know what to do in case of a snake bite. Well, we all get scared when it comes to the snake. Obviously, the venom of the snake is too deadly to kill a person. Thus, we should know the first-hand treatment in case of a snake bitee. The incident is too sudden that the person gets on his nerves and is bitten by the snake. Sometimes, the snake bites when the person is asleep, thus to make a rescue becomes impossible. However, if necessary first aid is done then the situation can be handled after the snake bites the victim. (Also read: What to do immediately if a dog bites you)
With the bite of the snake, the venom enters the victim’s body and with blood spreads to the entire body. Thus it is important to control the venom spread as soon as possible.
Here are some tips to follow in case of a snake bite:
- The first and the foremost tip for the snake bite aid is, do not panic and instead go to the hospital and take an injection.
- Do not move too much as the venom is at the risk of spreading at the faster pace. (Also read: How to save someone from drowning)
- If you are wearing any jewellery or tight fitted clothes, try to remove them before your body swells up.
- Avoid drinking tea or coffee to restrict the spread of poison in the body.
- Clean the wound with an antiseptic lotion. Do not use water to wash off the wound.
- Do not burn the wound, as the poison has already entered the body of the victim. Thus, burning the wound will make no difference.
- People usually think sucking the poison out of the body of the victim is a solution to save a life. However sucking the venom with a mouth is not the right choice, You can use sucking device to extract the poison out of the body.
- Do not run after the snake. Try to remember it’s size, shape and colour of the skin. It will help in further treatment. There are different kinds of snakes thus it is important to know which one has bitten you.
- Usually, snake bite causes dizziness, nausea, restlessness, swelling etc. and the person gradually loses the control of the body.
- It is mandatory to visit a doctor even though you have been given the first aid. Remember snake bite can be deadly! (Also read: How to save someone from a burning car)