Accidents are of various nature, but one thing that is common in all of them is they can be fatal. One of such accidents is a fire accident. Fire accidents can happen anytime and anywhere. Be it your home, your office or a public place. Therefore it is important to know how to put out the fire before it turns fatal. A fire breakout can affect the lives of people in the worst possible way. Therefore it is important to keep a fire extinguisher in your homes and public spaces to ensure complete safety. As safety comes first. (Also read: What to do immediately if a dog bites you)
What is fire extinguisher?
It is a device to put out the fire. It is helpful to control small fires and is very useful in case of fire emergency. It is a cylindrical tool with a pressure tool. Fire extinguisher nowadays contains the hydrofluorocarbons that help to put out the fire. In case of small fire, the fire extinguishers are the most used things.
How to use the fire extinguisher?
First of all check out the size of the fire, if the fire is small only then you can use the fire extinguisher to put it out. The general rule of thumb is that if you are taller than the fire, then you need the help of firemen.
If it is a minor fire than you can use a fire extinguisher to kill the fire.
Remember to check for the pressure in the fire extinguisher. If it doesn’t have the right pressure than you can’t use it. (Also read: How to perform CPR in the right way)
- The trick to use the fire extinguisher lies in 4 simple steps:
- There is a pressure ping on the fire extinguisher. Pull it.
- Set an aim towards the fire. Don’t panic as it will ruin your direction.
- Press on the trigger. When you are ready with your aim, then you can just press the trigger. And let the agent takeover
- Move the fire extinguisher constantly to cover all sides and areas of fire. (Also read: What are the necessary safety tips during Earthquake)