The actions of Nature are quite unpredictable. The high winds blow the dust and the sand along with it in the air. It leads to less to zero visibility and suffocation all around. Besides doing the utmost damage to the property, human life also has to pay a heavy price. The recent dust storm in Rajasthan took almost more than 100 lives. As the dust storm has again sheltered in North India, one must stay alert and should be aware of the necessary precautions to be taken as the storm hits the city. So, here are some safety tricks one must follow in case dust storm strikes. (Also read How to help someone who becomes unconscious and faints)
What to do in case of the dust storm?
- The best way to stay safe is to stay at home and do not rush out.
- However. in case you are outside, first of all, cover your mouth and nostrils to restrict the inflow of dust. Apply some petroleum jelly do avoid drying of the nostrils.
- Wear your glasses or shades, to protect your eyes from the dust.
- Immediately rush to find a safe shelter for yourself. (Also read: What are the do’s and don’ts in case of a snake bite)
- In case, you are driving, then you must either speed up which might not be possible in case of the dust storm. So, stop to a safe place and put your seat belts on. Make sure you have not parked your care near trees or a pillar/pole.
- If you come across a covered and safe place, then move out of the car and go inside.
- Usually, during the storms, the electricity supply is temporarily cut off to avoid the further damage. So, keep your mobile phones charged during the alert time.
- Keep your emergency light charged and in your reach.
- Make sure, your children and the elders are at home.
- Besides this, keep your pets inside and sheltered.
- In case you are in the desert area, move to the higher point. Take shelter until the storm washes off.
- Keep yourself updated on the warnings issues during the dust storm.
- In case, anyone is in need, stretch out the helping hand, but first, ensure your safety. (Also read: What are the necessary safety tips during Earthquake)