When you are out of your home, it is not always possible to make the right and healthy choices. Often people who go out have tea or coffee in the plastic cup. Even when people plan a picnic or an outing, they are stuck with plastic utensils. In the office, people use same plastic glasses to have tea and coffee as it is the only option. While doing all these things we often ignore the possible side effects of doing things in this way. Using a plastic glass has a really negative impact on your health. It can even damage your kidney and liver. Therefore, let’s find out about the disadvantages of having tea or coffee in a plastic glass. (Also read: What are the biggest health myths that people still believe)
What is plastic made of?
The plastic cup is made of bisphenol A (BPA) and polypropylene. BPA polycarbonate is used in making the bottle or in packing the food. (Also read: What are the healthiest food items one must eat every day to stay fit)
What are the side effects of using the plastic cup?
- The plastic cup is made out of BPA, so when a hot thing is poured into it then the chemical turns hot as well. This chemical release can lead to obesity and other health problems.
- BPA affects the hormones in your body directly. This affects your reproductive health and the health of your brain. It also impacts the alpha cells that responsible for the production of insulin. As a result, it affects the glucose level in the body.
- If there is excessive exposure of BPA in case of a pregnant woman, then it can be really harmful to the development of the child. It harms the unborn baby in the worst way.
- Plastic cup has an impact on a man’s sexual health as well. The BPA affects the production of sperms leading to the problem of infertility.
- Drinking the tea using a plastic cup impacts the immunity power of the body. (Also read: What are the food items that help you to fall asleep)