Holi is believed to be the festival of colours. It is celebrated throughout the country to introduce the new colour in life and get rid of the old ones. Holi is one of the best festivals that is celebrated with great zeal and enthusiasm. Everyone likes to celebrate Holi without keeping any grudges in the heart. This festival is full of love and forgiveness. But while playing with colours, there is often a risk of accidents as well. The chemical present in the colours harms the skin, eyes and impacts the overall health. Thus, in order to play safe and healthy Holi, one must use herbal colours. These herbal colours are made up of flowers and leaves. Celebrate this festival to spread love and affection without hurting anyone. (Also read: Holi 2018 : How to protect your hair from colour damage on Holi)
Holi 2018: Essential tips to play Holi safely and happily?
- On the eve of ‘Holika Dahan’, one must maintain a distance from the fire. Make sure that your kids are also at a distance from the flames, in order to avoid any kind of injuries.
- When you are all set to play with Holi colours on the next day, make sure you apply moisturiser or oil on the entire body. This creates a layer of protection all around the skin. Applying oil or moisturiser helps to save the skin from the harmful impacts of chemical present in the colours. (Also read: Holi 2018: How to take care of your skin before Holi)
- Make sure you wear something that completely covers your body. This will help the body to have an outer layer of clothes to save the skin from coming in contact with the colours.
- Make sure you always use the herbal colours. Herbals colours are made up of leaves and flowers. They do not impact the health of your skin and can be made easily at home.
- Use turmeric, marigold flowers and other herbal products should be used to make colours. Do not use dark colours, they contain more chemicals than the rest of them.
- Make sure you wear sunglasses before playing with colours. Do not use contact lenses while going out on Holi. In case the colour gets into your eyes, wash them properly till you feel relaxed.
- If someone tries to colour you, cover your eyes and lips properly. This will help to prohibit the flow of colour into your eyes and mouth.
- Save your nails by applying a nail colour to them. The stains of colour will automatically fade off by doing this.
- In order to save your hair from the harmful colours, wear a hat or a shower cap.
- In case you are driving on Holi. make sure your windows are pulled up properly.
- Take care while dancing on the wet and slippery floor.
- If you have a skin allergy, then do not play with colours.
- There is so much food adulteration during the festivals. The sweets and snacks are all adulterated and stale. Thus, do not forget to check the purity of the food items and sweets you buy. Always check the expiry date and if possible taste them before buying.
- Not just this, make sure you wash your hands properly before eating anything. Besides this, do not play with colours where there is food. Also, do not eat too much junk and fried food.
- After you have played enough and want to take off the colour from the body, do not rub it too hard. Be gentle and avoid using chemical washes and soaps.
- After taking a bath, apply a hydrating moisturiser to your skin. (Also read: Holi 2018: How to easily remove colour from the skin)