When the body starts making excess uric acid or does not flush out from the body and it starts accumulating in the body. This is a waste product which occurs due to food metabolism. If you have high amounts of uric acid in your body then uric acid increases in the blood. Due to high uric acid in the blood, there are many problems in your body such as pain and swelling in the legs, heel and ankles. The body makes high uric acid due to poor lifestyle and unhealthy eating habit. There are also many food items which increase uric acid in the body. In this regard, you need to take care of your diet so that you can get rid of this problem. (Also read: Uric acid: Which foods help to reduce uric acid from the body)
Diet Tips for Uric Acid: Diet tips to reduce the problem of uric acid:
- Diet tips for uric acid
- Which foods should be avoided
- Diet rules to be followed during uric acid
- Follow the rules of diet
- Which foods should be consumed
- How to check
Diet tips for uric acid
- Consumption of low-fat food also controls the amount of uric acid in the body.
- Foods that dilute urine should be consumed.
- Avoid alcohol consumption
Which foods should be avoided
- Shellfish and red meat can be harmful and may increase the problem.
- Do not eat lentils, rajma, gram, chickpeas and other pulses.
- Peas, spinach, French beans, brinjal, cauliflower, mushrooms, peas and should also be avoided.
Diet rules to be followed during uric acid
- Use less salt while cooking. While making roti and rice, do not add extra salt in them.
- Consume amchoor, curd, black pepper and lemon juice to reduce the amount of salt in the food.
- Avoid consumption of bakery products, processed foods and preserved food.
- Do not eat more salt food it may imbalance electrolyte in the body.
Which foods should be consumed?
- Low-Fat Dairy Products
- Coffee or tea
- Bromine rich food such as pineapple
How to check
A blood test is needed to check the level of uric acid. The problem of uric acid is seen in men more than women. Women who have uric acid problems, their menopause comes before time.
What should be the level of uric acid in the blood
- In men- 3.5 to 7.0 mg / dl
- In women- 2.5 to 5.7 mg / dl
Don’t miss to read: 6 simple home remedies to reduce the uric acid level in the joints
Uric acid is a common problem it causes pain in the legs and joints. In this regard, following some easy tips, you can control the level of uric acid. You can also read this article in Hindi.