To live a healthy life, you have to take care of a lot of things. These things include your eating routine, what are you eat, when are you eating etc. Everyone knows that we need many things in our diet to stay healthy like vitamins, minerals, fibre, but people miss out on the fact that we need amino acids as well. The first thing everyone needs to know amino acids is that Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins. Nobody can deny the fact that we need proteins in our diet to stay fit and healthy. For the protein to work well in the body you need amino acids. Let’s get to know more about the amino acids. (Also read: High-Protein Vegetables: Important Vegetables For Protein Deficiency)
Amino acid important information
- What exactly are amino acids?
- Importance of amino acids
What exactly are amino acids?
To live a healthy life your body needs 20 kinds of amino acids. The body can make 11 kinds of amino acid on its own and for the rest 9, you need to consume them. The rest of amino acids are known as the essential amino acids. The requirement of the amino acids depends upon the weight of the person. The amino acids are sequenced in a way to build the block of proteins in the body. (Also read: One-week high protein diet plan to reduce weight)
Importance of amino acids
- The amino acids are absolutely necessary to build proteins in the body. If you want to put the proteins you have consumed to use, your body needs to synthesise the protein. For the protein synthesis to happen properly you need an adequate supply of both essential and non-essential amino acids. Only then, the protein is able to build the muscles, hair, nails etc. (Also read: When You Should Consume Proteins)
- At the same time, the amino acids create the enzymes that are needed for the myriad chemical reactions to take place in the body. The myriad chemical reaction helps the body to generate, store and expend the energy in the body.
- The amino acids are important to carry the nutrients and the molecules through the blood. They also carry signals from one part of the body to another part.
Don’t miss out: What are the signs that you are consuming too many proteins
So, to make sure that the body is able to work well you certainly need all 20 of the amino acids. Click the link to read this article in Hindi.