The change of weather can occur at any time and at any place. Especially in case of the natural disasters, as they have a way of causing massive destruction. One of these disasters is the thunderstorm, that is often accompanied by lighting. The basic things that lead to the thunderstorm are moisture, unstable air and lift in a natural way. The unstable air is warm and thus expands quickly. The thunderstorm might be small in size, but it can lead to destruction and cost people their life. That is why it is important to know of the dos and don’ts during a thunderstorm. (Also read: Unbelievable survival hacks that can save your life)
Dos during that thunderstorm
- Seek shelter in a building or inside a car. It will be safer for you to hide in a structure.
- If you are out in the open, then crouch down and make sure that you are in minimum contact with the ground. This will control the possible damage by the lighting during the thunderstorm.
- Always perform CPR on the victim of lighting. As it might the only chance to save them. So, remember to pump the chest and perform the mouth to mouth breathing.
- Stay inside, till you are completely safe. (Also read: How your scarf can be used as a survival tool)
Don’ts during the thunderstorm
- In any condition, don’t get near the metal objects. The lighting finds it easy to travel via the metal and cause you serious damage.
- Avoid using the electricity based equipment. You must depend on the battery based backups. Electric equipment can be life-threatening.
- Don’t take shelter under an open tall structure or a tree as they attract the lighting. This can increase the risk of the strike of lighting.
- Don’t take a shower. The water is the easiest way for the spread of current caused by the lighting. At the same time, avoid water in every way possible. (Also read: How to filter the water easily)