If you are working hard to lose weight and still eating for 4-5 times in a day then it is difficult to achieve your target. There is a diet plan called ‘One meal in a day’, a diet plan that helps to lose weight effectively and quickly. In this diet plan, all you have to do is just eat only once in the entire day. In order to follow this diet plan, you have to fast for 23 hours. Though this diet plan is difficult to follow, if you really want to lose weight then you must try it. You can have your meal according to your convenience. It helps in the better digestion of food. Let’s discuss how to follow one meal in a day diet plan. (Also read: Miss World 2017 Manushi Chhillar’s Healthy Diet Plan)
How does one meal in a day diet plan work?
This diet plan helps to work on calorie restriction. In this, instead of consuming calories for the entire day, you only consume it once in a day. When you take your meal, you eat a highly nourishing diet to avoid deficiency of minerals and vitamins in the body. When you keep a fast for 23 hours, your body consumes the stored fat as the energy. It eventually makes you lose weight. Along with this, one meal in a day diet plan helps you to get rid of the problem of constipation and indigestion related problem.
What to eat when following one meal in a day diet plan?
- Vegetables: Carrots, broccoli, cabbage, beetroot, lettuce, sweet potato, spinach and kale.
- Fruits: Apple, banana, orange, pear, blueberry, strawberry, mango etc. (Also read: How to lose weight with Indian diet plan in 4 weeks: Week 1 diet chart)
- Protein: Chicken, fish, mushroom, beans, tofu and eggs.
- Dairy: Full fat milk, full-fat yoghurt, cheese, cottage cheese.
- Grains: Brown rice, brown wheat, bajra, barley, quinoa.
- Nuts: Almonds, walnuts, pistachio, sunflower seeds, watermelon seeds, pumpkin seeds.
- Drinks: Water, lemonade, coconut water, fresh fruit juice etc.
What not to eat during one meal in a day diet plan?
- Fruits with high glycemic index.
- Meat with high fat.
- Low-fat dairy products and flavoured yoghurt
- White rice
- Vegetable oil and cashew nuts.
- Processed foods like fries, jelly, sausages.
- Packaged food like soda, diet sods, energy drinks. (Also read: 7-day Vegan diet meal for healthy living)