Virabhadrasana is also known as ‘warrior pose’. This asana is very beneficial for the body as it makes the body healthy and strong. Legs, arm and shoulder actively involved in the warrior pose. It enhances self-confidence and also helps to promote the body’s energy. Apart from this, there are 3 postures to do this asana. The three postures are almost same. By practising Virabhadrasana, the mind gets relief as well and enhances the power of the mind. (Also read: How To Do Bhunamanasana Or Greeting The Earth Pose Correctly)
Method of doing Virabhadrasana:
- First of all stand straight. Then breathe in and open the legs.
- Keep your right soles straight and turn left.
- Now move on the right side and pull the breath in.
- Lift both hands out of breath. Keep in mind that both palms should be open.
- Come back to your right position.
- Do the same process from the other side. This is Virabhadrasana 1
Virabhadrasana Pose 2:
- Open the two legs and turn left side and keep the right leg straight.
- Open both hands on the outside and keep it straight.
- Bend the knee a bit.
- Turn your head to the left and pull the breath inwards.
- Now come out in the normal position leaving the breath out.
- Do the same process on the other side. (Also read: How To Do Shashankasana Or The Child Pose)
Virabhadrasana Pose 3:
- Stand straight and breathe inwards.
- Fold the leg backwards and hold your ankles and straighten your spine while pulling upwards.
- Now leave the breath away and come in the normal position.
- Repeat this process with the second leg.
Health benefits of Virabhadrasana:
- Strengthens the knee.
- Provides strength to the spinal cord.
- Relieves back pain.
- Keep periods regularity.
- Detoxify the kidneys and liver. (Also read: How to do Janushirasana or Head to Knee Pose)