World Hypertension Day 2018 has brought to us awareness and consciousness about our health. Hypertension or high blood pressure is a very common health issue with which people suffer from since ages. Everyone who suffers from hypertension is at the risk of cardiac attack. But the risk factor increases when there is high blood pressure during pregnancy. Although, high blood pressure in pregnancy is not always risky. But, it can lead to various complications for both the mother and the developing baby. Thus, have a look at the following and know about some important facts about hypertension in pregnancy. (Also Read: Strange Pregnancy Symptoms You May Not Know)
Facts About High Blood Pressure In Pregnancy:
- Causes of High Blood Pressure In Pregnancy
- Types of hypertension during pregnancy
- Tips for tackle Hypertension in pregnancy
Causes of High Blood Pressure In Pregnancy:
There are several causes that lead to high blood pressure (Hypertension) during pregnancy. Amongst all the causes, we are going to talk about the most common ones which make a pregnant woman suffer from hypertension. These are:
- Drinking alcohol
- First pregnancy
- Pregnancy over 40
Types of hypertension during pregnancy:
Most commonly there are three types of hypertension during pregnancy. These are:
A. Chronic hypertension: When the pregnant woman has pre-existing high blood pressure, it continues during pregnancy also. This can be called chronic hypertension.
B. Gestational hypertension: After crossing the 20th week, most women suffer from gestational hypertension. This not dangerous and resolves it owns after delivery.
C. Chronic hypertension with superimposed preeclampsia: It is like another variation of chronic hypertension. When there is pre-existing hypertension and after pregnancy experiences signs of protein in the urine or additional complications.
Tips for tackle Hypertension in pregnancy:
Here are some tips to tackle hypertension during pregnancy. Have a look.
- Do not indulge yourself in any stressful matter or anything deep which can make your brain get engaged too much.
- Always keep the blood pressure monitoring machine with you and check your blood pressure regularly.
- Never ignore notifying your doctor about the high blood pressure level.
- Eat healthily always. Never go for smoking or drinking. This will not only make your blood pressure high but can bring many complications in pregnancy. (Also Read: What Are The Common Pregnancy Worries Which Can Bring Anxiety)
These are some common facts about hypertension in pregnancy. This World Hypertension Day, 2018 make your health even better and take all the precautions to have a healthy delivery and baby. Read this article in Hindi also.