Jogging is essential for a fit body. You keep diseases away with jogging for at least 30 minutes every day while burning calories. During pregnancy, jogging can be considered as putting more impact or strenuous to the body. Hence, many women avoid jogging when they are pregnant.However, if you have a routine of jogging before conceiving then it is not a tedious or harmful exercise for you.
Pregnancy calls for low to moderate exercises to keep the baby and the mother healthy. Therefore, jogging during pregnancy can prove beneficial if the doctor also suggests so. Going for a jog during pregnancy is solely for the purpose of staying fit and not for losing weight. It helps the mother to get back into shape after delivery. Jogging during pregnancy helps the body to prepare for delivery with less labour.
Jogging for 30 minutes during pregnancy can help you to:
- Reduce back pain and swelling.
- Boost the energy level.
- Lessen mood swings and keep you fresh all day long.
- Weight management after the delivery.
You may feel difficult to jog when you do not have a prior experience of this activity. You may feel extremely tired, breathlessness and weak. Thus, in this case, you should avoid opting of this intense fitness activity as your body is not accustomed to it.
Below mentioned are the steps you must follow if you are planning for jogging during pregnancy:
- The foremost step is to consult your doctor before opting to jog. It is only your doctor who can guide you whether your body allows you to jog or not in pregnancy.
- If the answer is yes, you need some preparation like wearing comfortable clothes, good running shoes and extra supportive bra.
- Warm up and stretch your body before jogging for at least 5 minutes. Do not go for intense jogging as it is harmful. Jog moderately and as soon as you feel tired, take a break!
- Maintain a good posture while jogging because you have that little one inside and your body postures alter their movement.
- Focus on your breathing to make your jogging more effective.
Further, you need to cool down properly before coming to closure. This will be good for your heartbeat and muscles. You can jog throughout the three trimesters, however, please note that a consultation with the doctor is must because fitness exercises during pregnancy are dependent on body types and requirements. Any negligence can create disaster!