When it comes to taking care of a newborn baby you can never be too careful. Parents need to stay really vigilant and attentive to the things and products that are a part of baby’s life. These things include the sippy cup, toys and other things the baby uses. Your baby needs all the care in the world to develop in a healthy and happy environment. However, many parents miss out many important parts of baby care. So, let’s get to know more about it.
(Also read: How to deal with your child’s tantrum)
Why must you look carefully for your baby’s sippy cup, toys and teethers?
- When baby starts teething or reaching out for things, then he or she has a tendency to put things in the mouth. The sippy cups, toys and teethers are some of these things. At the same time, these things can develop the condition of mould due to the constant moisture. This mould can be the reason behind mould allergies and other health problems.
- The things like a sippy cup, toys or teethers are made out of the plastics. It is important to understand that these plastic products have harmful effects on the health of the baby. According to a study the baby products are full of toxic chemicals and the baby should be kept away from them.
- Sometimes it happens that the toys or the baby products are broken or have cracks. In that case, it can harm the baby in a really bad way.
- The baby products, if not treated and stored in a proper manner can lead to the accumulation of germs.(Also read: What Are The Best Ways to Wean Children Off Thumb Sucking Habit)
What should you do instead?
- Always make sure the baby products are free of the mould issue. For this keep checking them regularly.
- Disinfect and clean them frequently. It is important to protect your baby against germs and infections.
- Always check for cracks and breakage, in order to ensure full protection of your baby. (Also read: What are the health benefits of feeding spinach to the child)