Planning a pregnancy in your early 20’s or before 25 is the most appropriate age. If you are not too much into your career, then you should not delay your pregnancy. However, if you plan a baby in early 20’s, you have a better chance to have a healthy pregnancy while you plan the other baby. According to a survey, the fertility rate of women in India is usually higher in their 20’s and is around 45 percent. This is just because of the sole reason that your body is less complicated in early 20’s.
It is also surveyed that women who have regular sex have a high number of chances to get pregnant during the first year only. These chances start dropping off as you reach your late 20’s. Though the risk of infertility in late 20’s is less it is better if you plan at least your first pregnancy within time. (Also read: How Changing Diet In Endometriosis Can Help You To Get Pregnant)
Here are some of the pros and cons of getting pregnant in the 20’s:
- 20’s is the best time for a female to conceive and plan a baby. The female body is high on fertility when she is in her 20’s.
- There is a less hormonal imbalance in the body as the contraception pills have not affected your body that much.
- The eggs in the female body have less structural problems when they are in 20’s as compared to the later years. (Also read: 5 Foods Which Have Contraceptive Properties)
- Besides this, the risk of miscarriage at the early age of pregnancy is less. Though it is a very painful experience. However, the increase of miscarriage grows with time.
- Not just this, during 20’s ou body is not a victim of multiple health issues like cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes etc, thus conceiving becomes easy.
- You are more active while you welcome your baby, as you are young enough to carry out different activities. Besides this, as you age and reach your 30’s you lose your stamina and energy.
However, there are few cons of conceiving in 20’s as well:
- If you are career oriented, having a baby can lead in diverting your attention. You might not be able to focus on your career.
- You may have to struggle financially if you are not a working hand or have to give up working because of the baby.
- Less age difference between the baby and the age of the parents can lead to less seriousness and discipline in the children. (Also read: Tips To Conceive After A Miscarriage)