Beautiful skin attracts people’s attention. Everyone wants to have a glowing skin but the dark patches cause a hindrance in achieving the same. The increased sugar level in our body causes the dark patches on the neck area, underarms, and inner thigh area prominently. Dark patchy skin is a disappointment to everyone. People try of ways and tricks to hide these patches. From choosing fully covered clothes to applying various chemicals to get rid of the patches. However, it is important to opt for natural ways and treatment for the same. Let’s find out the remedies to get rid of this darkness. (Also read: What are the effective home remedies to get rid of dry eyes)
What are the home remedies to get rid of dark underarms and neck?
1. Lemon Juice, Glycerin, and Rosewater: Lemon is a natural bleaching ingredient and maintains body odour. It also helps in removing dead skin. Mix 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and glycerin and add some rose water to it. Apply the mixture to the dark skin area and leave it overnight. Rinse it off with cold water next morning and see the results.
2. Aloe Vera and Almond Oil: Aloe Vera moisturises the skin and also gives an even tone to the patchy area. Almond oil, on the other hand, nourishes the skin providing essential vitamin to the skin. Take the fresh Aloe Vera gel from the leaves and mix it well with a tablespoon of almond oil. Apply it to the dark skin area and massage it for 10 minutes. Wash it off if you feel irritation or stickiness. (Also read: What are the effective home remedies to get rid of a dry cough)
3. Coconut Oil and Lemon Juice: Besides the capability of enriching skin and hair, coconut oil also has the property of skin whitening and also maintains body odour. It contains vitamin E that nourishes our skin making it glow and healthy. Mix coconut oil and lemon juice and apply on the dark skin. Leave it overnight and wash with warm water in the morning. Repeat the procedure twice a week to see the difference.
4. Oats Scrub: Along with helping us in reducing weight and keeping us fit, oats also keep our skin healthy and glowing. Oats serves as a skin scrubber and exfoliates the skin. They also help in evening the skin tone and reduces darkness. Mix 2 tablespoon of ground oats with grated tomatoes. Make a paste of it and apply to the neck area and underarms. Scrub your skin in a gentle manner and wash it off after 30 minutes to see the best results.
5. Orange Peel: Take some dry ground orange peels and mix it with 2 tablespoons of milk. Make a paste and massage over the dark area. Furthermore, leave for half an hour and wash it off with warm water. To get the best results, repeat the procedure for 15 days.
6. Baking Soda: Baking soda serves as a natural exfoliating scrub and helps in removing dead skin cells. It also helps in preventing acne and dark spots on the skin. Mix 3 tablespoons of baking soda with water and apply the paste to the infected area. Leave it for 15 minutes and rinse it off with water. Repeat this method daily to get the best results.
7. Cucumber: Cucumber is the most efficient and best way to get the healthy glowing skin. It smooths the skin and repairs the dead skin cells. Take 3 tablespoons of cucumber juice and mix it well with 1 tablespoons of lime juice and add a pinch of turmeric. Apply the paste on the dark skin area and leave it for 30 minutes. Wash the area with warm water for best results. (Also read: Effective home remedies to get rid of the itchy scalp)