Lemon juice is known for its health benefits. Be it the weight loss routine, or the pimples on the face or even for shiny white teeth. However, the excess of anything can be toxic for the body. Same is the case with the lemon juice. It is the major sources of citric acid. Which is why too much lemon juice intake can be harmful to our health. Here are the side effects of consuming too much lemon juice. [Also read: Some Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber Water]
The lemon juice is acidic in its nature, which is why it irritates the lining of the stomach. It might even lead to the development of stomach ulcers. This leads to intense pain in the stomach. People who are suffering from ulcers should avoid lemon juice altogether.
The citric acid that is there in the lemon juice can be harmful to our dental health. This cause sensitivity in the teeth. Teeth sensitivity often cause extreme pain and discomfort.
Dehydration and frequent urination
Lemons are rich in vitamin C. Too much consumption of vitamin C causes frequent urination that too in large volumes. This leads to dehydration in the body.
Lemon juice, if consumed in an excessive amount, attacks your acid reflux directly. This leads to heartburn and increases the chance of acidity. If you already suffer from acidity it is always better to keep away from the lemon juice.
A migraine and headaches
Lemon juice contains amino acid. It increases the pace of circulation of blood in the brain which leads to the problem of headaches and migraine.
The problem of sunburn
We all often use lemon for skin and beauty related help. However, not many know that too much application of juice on the skin can cause sunburn. [Also read: How is neem juice beneficial for health and skin]
Kidney Or Gall Bladder Problems
The lemon contains oxalates which can accumulate and end up in forms of crystals in the kidney and gall bladder. People who already have kidney or gall bladder related problems should avoid lemon juice altogether.
So, while lemon juice has some stunning health benefits, too much of it can be very harmful. [Also read: How flavoured milk impacts our health]