The spiritual practice is very helpful during old age as it is associated with better health and longevity. During old age, spirituality nurtures our sense of wholeness. Though the process of aging at every life stage brings about changes in one’s spiritual life.
Here are few steps to bring back self-estimation and happiness during old age:
Do not think about age:
Stop thinking about age and try to get associated with the various group of people. Your life is not over, you have enough time to bring back your true self. Jot down the future activities you always wanted to do. Connect with young people who have the same interest of activities you are planning, it would also be a great way to balance the age.
5 principles of life:
It sounds so good that you have reached a certain level of life without worrying about your health and being carrying a lot of health problems. Accelerate the treasure of health you have now by making 5 basic principles which you will always remember.
1. The first principle would obviously healthy eating. Eat raw vegetables, fruits more and do not skin protein in both the veg and nonveg form.
2. Forget all the unhealthy habits like smoking, drugs, over-eating etc.
3. Practice thinking positive always. Nothing can make you depressed. After every nightmare, the morning comes.
4. Be active always. Do not rest your body too much.
5. Go for meditation. It is really helpful.
Make yourself active:
You have to be active at this age. Do not think about the age and also avoid sitting idle. At least devote one hour to physical activities. Go for walking, jogging, cycling, swimming or invest some time on Yoga.
Bring back happiness:
In this age, the inner happiness should be cultivated. We know that old age brings a lot of depressions and inactivates, but if you are mentally strong and want to bring back your childhood happiness, you can. When the nerves are getting weaker, inner positivity is at the great risk. But you should always try to move your mood into happiness.