Prostate gland: Prostate gland is the most sensitive organ of the man’s body. A slight problem in the prostate gland might lead to the long-term sexual health issue. Therefore, one must remain very careful regarding the health of the prostate. A healthy lifestyle along with a healthy diet can help you to have a problem free prostate gland. One must visit the dietician and the doctor to ensure how can they practice exercise and what should they involve in their daily diet to stay sexually healthy. Usually, the problem of prostate occurs after the age of 50. Thus, one has to be extra careful during this time. Here are some exercise and diet tips to take care of your prostate health. (Also read: How to take care of your prostate)
How to maintain good prostate health with diet and exercise, healthy prostate gland.
Diet tips to have healthy prostate gland
- Eat more of dark fruits and vegetables. Include beetroot, grapefruit, watermelon, spinach etc. in your diet. Try to at least eat 5 fruits in a day.
- Cut down on your sugar intake. For this, avoid drinking soda, soft drinks, energy drinks and other drink with artificial sweetener in it.
- Minimise your salt intake too. Do not eat canned and processed food in large portions. Try to eat low sodium-rich diet.
- Switch to whole grains instead of consuming refined flour(maida). Try to completely avoid white bread, pasta, pizza bread etc.
- Plan your meals and do not over-eat in a single meal.
- Try to eat less red meat like lamb, pork, processed meats etc. Eat healthy proteins like fish, eggs, soy etc.
- Do not eat fats in excess. Switch to healthy fats like olive oil, almonds, walnuts etc. Avoid packaged food as much as you can.
Exercise tips to have healthy prostate gland
- It’s always best to stay active. The best way is to go for a daily walk. You can also go for jogging and for running too. You can take care of your prostate by reading in detail here.
- Take up light exercises. Always exercise under the proper guidance of the gym coach.
- Do not overdo exercises and consult your doctor before taking up any exercise.
- Do yoga, as it helps to get rid of many health problems. (Also read: How does heat affect your sperm count)
All the above-mentioned points were some of the tips to have healthy prostate gland. You can also read this article in Hindi.