Power Yoga is one of the best yoga types which helps to stay fit. It is recognised as the western version of Ashtanga yoga. You can perform power yoga in any order as there is no particular pattern for the same. Power yoga is much more than a just physical workout. However, a little innovation with the pace of performing it and doing it without break is the inclusion. It requires more strength and effort to perform this form of Yoga.
Benefits of Power Yoga
- It improves the concentration of human mind thus makes them more dedicated.
- Power Yoga accelerates the pace of blood flow and helps in attaining better immunity.
- It also helps in getting rid of problems like acidity and washes away the toxins from the body.
- It helps in burning calories and sweating which ultimately leads to shedding of body fat.
- Practising yoga daily makes the body more flexible and bring it back to proper shape.
- Yoga calms us down and helps us to gain the peace of mind.
- It helps to build the body muscles and increases the metabolism of the body.
- Yoga heals mind, body, and soul.
- People who practice Power Yoga are stronger emotionally and physically.
Power Yoga tips:
- Always try to practice power yoga under a trained yoga teacher. It would help you to stay away from any injuries while performing the same.
- Try to wear comfortable sweat pants while practising yoga to ensure that every posture is correct.
- Study about power yoga as much as you can. There are also multiple books and videos on the same.
- Chose what your body requires and also research on it to get the best result.
- Start from the scratch. Do not hurry and take up heavy exercises at a beginner’s level.
The unique feature of Power Yoga is the flexibility in its technique. Unlike the rigid sequence that has to be followed under Ashtanga and Vinyasa methods, Power Yoga initiates no such rules. Any step can be performed in any order, there is no set pattern for the same, which gave Yoga teachers a right to teach it their way.