Cashew nuts weight gain: Cashew nuts are a rich dry fruit which is highly consumed all over the world. They are added to the meals, desserts, shakes and are also consumed raw to bless the body with its richness. It has a lot of nutrients like omega-3, linolenic acid, monosaturated oleic acid, vitamins and minerals. However, even if they are rich in nutrients, they have a lot of calories in them which eventually leads to weight gain. As it is said, an excess of everything is bad, so is the case with cashew nuts. Thus, consume them in moderation otherwise you will gain a lot of weight in no time. Let’s discuss some important facts about cashew nuts. (Also read: Consuming Cashew nuts is beneficial for health)
Cashew nuts or Kaju leads to weight gain
- Cashew nuts and weight gain
- Side effects of eating cashew nuts in excess
Cashew nuts and weight gain
Cashew nuts if consumed in excess can lead to excess weight gain. They are a wonderful source of energy which means they are high in calorie count. Too much of cashew nuts, though provide energy but you can’t miss out the calories it brings along. With the presence of monounsaturated fats in them, they are healthy for the cardiovascular system but if we consume them in excess, it may lead to negative impact on the heart health. Roasted cashew nuts are still better for health but the ones with salt and oil increase more calories in the body. Around 30 gms of cashew nuts contain 163 calories on an average if consume dry roasted. However, if you add salt and ghee to them, it makes them loaded with calories and the bar rises to 790 calories.
Side effects of eating cashew nuts in excess
- Cashew nuts cause many problems: Excess consumption of cashew nuts leads to weight gain but also causes various other problems in the body. It may cause the problem, of high cholesterol, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases etc.
- Cashew nuts lead to high blood pressure: Too much consumption of cashew nuts leads to the problem of high blood pressure. It leads to the rise in the level of blood pressure as it has a lot of sodium in it. Salted cashew nuts are the worst one for the health, as they are rich in sodium.
- Cashew nuts cause allergies: Excess consumption of cashew nuts can lead to the problem of allergic reaction in many people. It is noticed that those who consume cashew nuts excessively are at a high-risk for allergic reactions, says a study.
- Cashew nuts disturb the other food balance: When we eat too much of cashew nuts, our body nutritious balance gets disturbed. Cashew nuts satiate our hunger and thus we are unable to provide the other nutrients to the body. Our body needs a proportionate amount of vitamins and minerals. So, we should not miss out on them.
Though cashew nuts are one of the favourite nuts of the people. Consuming them in moderation cannot harm you in any way unless you are allergic to them. However, those who feast upon cashew nuts end up gaining weight and become obese. Thus, one must limit the consumption of cashew nuts and should try to include more nuts like almonds, raisins, walnuts etc. along with it to bless the body with all the nutrients. (Also read: How peanuts are beneficial for weight loss)
These were some of the most common facts about the cashew nuts. Too much of cashew nuts have a negative impact on the body. Thus, one should consume them in a limit. You can also read this article in Hindi.