People practice many exercises to make the chest muscular and to strengthen the upper body. But dumbbell fly is considered as the most effective exercise to strengthen and stimulate all the muscles of the chest. This exercise strengthens and raises the pectoral muscles of the chest, and also separates the right and left pectoral muscles.
Although the exercise is mostly practised by a bodybuilder, it is necessary to do it correctly to get effective results. (Also read: How to get a lean body with 20-minute workout plan)
Let’s know what is the right way to practice dumbbell fly.
The perfect way to fly flat bench dumbbell:
- Lay on a flat bench and take the dumbbell in both hands.
- Keep both the dumbbell on your thighs and keep the palms facing towards each other.
- Now with the help of thighs, take both the dumbles together and bring it over the shoulders.
- Then place the dumbbell on the level of the shoulders and keep both palms face-to-face. This is starting position of the dumbbell fly. Now lift the dumbbell up and stop.
- Turn your elbows slightly, so that the effect of the dumbbell does not bounce on the chest and fall on the chest.
- Now keep both hands down in their direction, until your chest starts to feel strained.
- Bring the dumpling down and breathe inwards.
- Keep in mind that while doing this movement the position of your elbows is quite stable.
- After this, shake the chest of the pectoral muscles, take the hands of the starting position and leave the breath out.
- Hold the dumpling over the chest and wait for a second and bring it down again.
- Make 3 sets of 10-12 reps of this exercise. (Also read: What are the best HIIT workouts for stronger arms)
Dumbbell type of fly
Inclined Bench Dumbel Fly: To practice this type of dumb fly, you have to repeat the above method on the incline benches and keep the position of the dumbbell on top of the upper chest.
Decline Bench Dumb Fly
To do the decline Bench Dumbbell the above-mentioned method has to repeat on the decline bench and keep the of the dumbbell on the lower chest. (Also read: Four great exercises to get chiselled lower chest)