Most of the people join a gym to build great muscles. Once they achieve the desired results, they tend to leave it. However, building up the muscles is extremely difficult. Besides this, maintaining the muscle mass is as important as gaining the muscles. It takes a lot of time to build muscles and thus when you leave the gym, you should try to maintain them. However, it is quite difficult to maintain the muscle mass and avoid the loss after you leave working out. You need to take a good care of your diet and your fitness routine, even after you leave the gym. Building muscle mass takes a lot of time, however, it hardly takes few days to lose those great muscles. Hence, you need to keep certain points in mind while undergoing muscle training. (Also read: How does exercise help to live longer and healthy)
How to avoid muscle mass loss after leaving the gym?
While working out in the gym:
- Don’t build muscle through a lot of pumping. This does not stay for long and lose easily.
- Lifting too much heavy weight will harm your body. Lift only 3 kgs of weight extra than the normal weight you lift. The result might be slow but will last longer. (Also read: Kareena Kapoor Khan’s weight loss journey after her pregnancy)
- You should always undergo a muscle training with the proper guidance of a gym instructor.
- Focus on the complete muscle mass of the body instead of focusing on the single muscle or body part. This will help to boost the complete muscle mass and will give you better and prolonged results.
After leaving the gym:
- Once you have gained muscle mass, it is important to maintain it for long. Though it difficult but not impossible.
- Involve in physical activity if you are not hitting the gym. Go for a walk, jogging, swimming, martial arts etc. This will keep your muscles in movement.
- Instead of taking the lift, climb stairs. Walk instead of driving. Move after every 30 minutes.
- Eat highly nourished diet including a lot of proteins and good fat. Avoid having junk food as much as you can.
- If possible workout for at least 2 hours in a week. You must have learnt all the exercises while you were hitting the gym, so implement them at home only. (Also read: How to start exercising when you are overweight)