Olive oil for nails: Nails add beauty to our hands. Unhealthy, broken, unshaped and brittle nails look very unattractive. In fact, nails tell a lot about our overall health. Thus, we all should maintain the proper hygiene of our nails and should aim at making them strong. Healthy and well-shaped nails are desired by all. We often visit beauty salons to get the perfect manicure and pedicure done to get beautiful, well-groomed hands. Well, one must try out applying olive oil to the hands and the nails to avoid brittleness. Olive oil is great to keep the nails healthy and to avoid chipping of nails. (Also read: What are the essential hand care tips)
Brittle nails: Procedure to apply olive oil on nails to get rid of brittle nails?
- How does olive oil work on nails?
- Procedure to apply olive oil on nails?
How does olive oil work on nails?
Olive oil contains vitamin E which helps to keep the nails healthy. It even helps to moisturise the nails and the skin of the hand and prevents nail breakage. Not just this, olive oil also helps in the better absorption of calcium. Eventually, it keeps the nails strong and prevents brittleness of nails.
Procedure to apply olive oil on nails?
- Take some olive oil. Make sure it lukewarm. Now soak your nails in the olive oil for around 30 minutes.
- This will help to moisturise the nails and to make the cuticles soft.
- Now, massage your hands daily with olive oil. Daily massaging will add shine to the nails.
- Take a clean cloth and gently clean the nails.
Brittle nails: Olive oil makes the nails strong and prevents breakage.
- Take some 1/4 portion of olive oil and 3/4 of lemon juice, Mix them well.
- Apply this solution to your nails at night for 10 minutes.
- Now wear gloves and leave it overnight.
- Wash your hands with lukewarm water in the morning.
Don’t miss to read: Beauty tips for hands: Tips to make hands more beautiful
This way to you will get strong and healthy nails. You can try this for a month and notice the difference. Read this article in Hindi as well.