Many people go to a gym every day and sweat a lot. This makes them stay fit and helps to release the toxins from the body. Thus, sweating is one of the healthiest choices. However, you will be shocked to know that excessive sweating also leads to hair fall. When you sweat a lot, it makes your scalp sweaty and it eventually makes you lose your hair. Thus, if you are feeling that your hair is falling then sweating might also be the reason for the same. Let’s discuss how excess sweating leads to hair fall and how can one get rid of the same. (Also read: How is hot oil massage extremely beneficial for hair)
Why does our hair fall when we sweat excessively?
Sweat is the lactic acid that lays pressure on the hair follicles. It leads to the contraction of hair follicles and also degenerates the outer layer of the hair. When the outer layer of the hair becomes weak then it leads to hair fall. Because of the lactic acid, there is the possibility of inflammation and itching in the hair which eventually impacts the growth of the hair.
Besides this, lactic acid mingles with the keratin and become the reason for the hair fall. This is why when you sweat, your hair falls many times. Sweating also blocks the pores present on the scalp which damages the hair follicles. This is why many of us face the problem of hair fall while we sweat a lot. However, one must not think that in order to maintain the health of the hair we should avoid sweating. Sweating is extremely important for the human body in order to detox it properly. (Also read: A complete herbal skincare routine)
How to avoid hair fall while sweating?
- Make sure you wash your hair timely so that they do not remain dirty, especially if it is too hot and humid. It will help to wash off the excess oil and the dirt from the hair.
- Massage your hair with oil. It will help to improve the flow of blood and will make them longer as well as strong.
- Don’t tie your hair too tightly. It will grab the sweat and your hair will get damaged.
- Brush your hair properly to improve the flow of blood.
- Make sure you wash your hair after exercise and heavy workout.
- Remove stress and anxiety from your body, so that you sweat less. (Also read: How to get a beautiful skin with the help of lemon and honey)