Dry Skin Care: The reason behind turning the skin dry can be the change in the weather too. This is not possible that during winters only your skin will turn dry. If you don’t take a good care of your dry skin then you encounter problems like itching, breakouts and flaky skin. Dry skin might also lead to problems like eczema and psoriasis, Besides this, along with dry skin, you will also suffer from many skin related problems. Thus it is essential to take a good care of the dry skin. Let’s discuss how one can take a good care of the dry skin. (Also read: Rose Water For Dry Skin: Different ways to use rose water to get rid of dry skin)
Dry Skin Do’s And Don’ts: How to take care of the dry skin
- What to do?
- What not to do?
What to do?
- Bath with lukewarm water or take the warm shower.
- Use jojoba oil, shea butter and olive oil to moisturise the skin.
- Instead of moisturiser use, moisturising cream.
- Keep hand cream with you. Always apply hand cream after you wash your hair and
- Keep your skin well-hydrated.
- Change your razor after 5-7 shaves. Excess usage of the same razor leads to dryness of skin.
- Use face oil to moisturise your skin. Essential face oils are extremely good to keep the skin hydrated.
- Use special skincare products made especially for dry skin. They will help your skin to stay healthy.
- Keep the pores of your skin clean and clear to avoid the onset of pimples on the face.
- Exfoliate your skin once in a week.
- Sleep sufficiently.
What not to do?
- Using soap on a dry skin makes the skin even drier. Thus, you can use an oil-based cleanser in place of a soap.
- Don’t bath in excessively hot shower.
- Never wipe your skin too hard while drying with a towel.
- Don’t take long showers.
- Avoid using alcohol-based products.
- Don’t scrub your skin excessively.
- Don’t keep your skin dehydrated for long. Thus, drinking water in an adequate amount. Use toners and mist.
- Never use powdered makeup, it makes the skin even drier.
- Don’t skip cleansing your skin before sleeping at night. It leads to bacteria build up, dead skin cells etc. on the skin.
Don’t miss to read: Toners For Dry Skin: Homemade Face Toners To Make Dry Skin Healthy
These are some of the most essential tips which one must do or avoid in order to take care of the skin. You can read this article in Hindi too.